(Case Study Report)
Case Study: Alcan Australia Limited
In the modern era being one in its and to end up being global leading firm, not simply huge opportunities and large system required, along with these there is a great need of perfect, effective and effecient leadership, leadership programs and motivational abilities. These complete together generate a firm more innovative and perfectly audio. The case is here Alcan's Australia Limited which is a mixture of all these skills and successful operations and today, a Aussie leading firm.
1 . So what do you believe were the key factors behind the success of the Alcan's command training courses?
2 . What motivation concepts are featured by Alcan's leadership teaching programs?
Regarding the company (Alcan Australia Limited)
Alcan Australia Limited The Australian Aluminium Company was made in 1936, later turning out to be Alcan Quotes Ltd. In October 2007, leading mining organisation Rj Tinto bought Alcan. Alcan integrated with Rio Tinto's existing aluminium business, leading to Rio Tinto Alcan. Rj Tinto Alcan claim to end up being the global leader in the aluminium business. В " We are one of many world's largest producers of bauxite, alumina and aluminum. Our command is reinforced by our: * Comprehensive project pipe
* Standard smelting technologyВ
* Alluring hydropower placement
Sustainable advancement principles guide our activities and decisions. Health, protection and environmental excellence happen to be top focus. вЂќ (Source http://www.riotintoalcan.com 07/08/2012)
Answer 1 -There can be a number of causes which make Alcan Australia an effective company and a global leading firm. All its success depends on a number of essential leadership ideas and basic leadership abilities and principles which we could found evidently from the case study and which can be mainly because follow: - * Path goal theory
5. Principles of leadership
2. Maslow hierarchy of requirements
Path aim theory
(Source: Growing Management Abilities: A Comprehensive Guideline for Frontrunners, 4th male impotence., Frenchs Forest NSW: Pearson Education Sydney. )
It is a simple theory which is normally used by just about every global firm to be effective and efficient in its operations and to attain their goals. This comprises of standard skills and principles that is certainly need to be used to be focused on the goals and to achieve them.
2. A backup theory of leadership that appears to be particularly ideal in a staff leadership framework is Path-Goal Theory.
* Path-Goal Theory views the leader's job because:
5. assisting followers in getting their goals
5. Providing the essential direction and support to make sure that their goals are compatible with organisational objectives.
* Therefore in the same way in case study it truly is clear that the Leader support their followers in obtaining goals and reduce roadblocks to success and in addition they tried to alter behaviours to match the situation (environmental contingencies and subordinate contingencies).
Just as they help their enthusiasts to achieve all their goals since it is necessary for frontrunners to adopt command behaviours which can be appropriate for the situation similar to this case they will used it to make effective command leadership programs.
These roles are performed by distinct leaders in cases like this study hence it qualified prospects company towards success.
Principles of leadership
You will discover another 4 leadership rules which are used here by the Alcan's company to be goal-oriented and path.
These are: --
1 . Present clear direction- It involve providing staff with: * Clear targets
* Obvious instructions about work strategies, etc .
5. Clarification of roles
2. Schedules of specific...